Monday, November 11, 2013

Family Scripture {Free Printable}

  During the last General Conference, I had the thought that we should start to memorize a scripture every month as a family. The first scripture that we chose was 3 Nephi 18:19-20 & I was amazed at how quickly our 4-year-old was able to memorize it. She was awesome! Even after we chose a new scripture for the month of November, she still wanted to say the old one. I asked if she remembered it & she was able to recite it from memory completely on her own. Children are amazing! So, for November, we wanted to choose a scripture that had a focus on giving thanks, you know, since Thanksgiving is coming up. We've chosen Alma 37:37 which reads: "Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."
  I decided to make a cute print of the scripture to hang on our wall for the month to help us memorize it. I thought I'd share, just in case you might like a print as well. I sized it for an 11x14 & printed it at Costco for less than $3. My husband is going to make a frame for it, & we'll switch it out every month for whichever new scripture we choose. I think I'll also make up a set for the 13 Articles of Faith, since Sharon is encouraged to memorize one of them each month in Primary.
  So here's a preview of the print, but you can get the full resolution print for free, by going {here}. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! Thanks you. I love my kids to memorize beautiful things, so we will do this one, too!