Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Jamberry Review

I was recently asked to do a review of Jamberry nail products & also the Jamberry Nail Art Studio. The following are my own opinions & I was not asked to say anything specific about the products or program.
I was definitely a bit of a skeptic when it first came to Jamberry nail wraps. I rarely even paint my nails, mostly because the polish just doesn't last very long, & I hate having chipped polish. I also will never fork out money on a regular basis (or ever) to have my nails professionally done. I have other things on which I'd rather spend money! So when my friend became a consultant, I ordered a sheet of wraps mostly just to support her in her new business. I can say that I was happily surprised by the results. I started out with the mint green chevron print (just wild enough for me).
Mint Green

Pros of the wraps:
  • Each sheet is only $15 & you can get multiple manicures out of each sheet.
  • They come in so many different styles that you can definitely find something that fits your personality & style.
  • They are fairly easy to apply. Just select the right size for your nail & trim them to fit your nail exactly, then heat it slightly with a blow dryer, & firmly press onto your nail. You can file the end to make a perfect fit & seal them on. (I am curious to try out the Jamberry heater, but I just haven't wanted to spend the money on it yet. The mini heater is only $19)
  • The wraps lasted at least two weeks on my finger nails & after about three weeks I removed them from my toenails because I wanted to try a different wrap & because they had grown out quite a bit. They were still firmly attached to my toenails, which was also a surprise. 
  • I do like how easy they are to remove, though. I just used a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol & gently pulled the wrap off while rubbing the nail & back of the wrap with the alcohol.
  • After applying them to all ten of my fingers & all ten of my toes, I still have enough left that I could still do another manicure, & probably have more left over to use on one or two fingers as accent nails with polish on my other nails.
  • I think I like them best on my toe nails because they last even longer & it's easier to hide crazy toenails than it is to hide crazy finger nails. =)
  • So much easier than nail polish, especially since they don't chip or need to be retouched.
  • More fun than nail polish because of all the different prints & styles.
Cons of the wraps:
  • Sometimes if you don't trim the wrap quite right, then the edge peels up a little bit, which is kind of annoying. The rest of the wrap seems to stay on just fine, you just have a little bit of a flapping edge.
  • They last so long that sometimes you want to peel them off before they come off just so you can try something new.
  • Still more expensive than just a plain old bottle of nail polish.
Pros of Nail Art Studio:
I created this minty green set of wraps in the NAS.
  • If you can't find a wrap in a style that you like, you can just create it!
  • It's easy to upload your own images to use on your custom wraps.
  • There are a good variety of print styles built into the program
  • The "Apply to Multiple" button lets you copy your design onto the other wraps in the design very simply.
  • It's free to use the software.
  • It automatically saves your designs, so you don't accidentally lose it halfway through.
  • It saves your uploads for future use & it's easy to delete any uploads that you no longer want.
Cons of Nail Art Studio:
  • The work area is kind of small, so resizing larger images takes a bit more time than I'd like.
  • There is no Undo button.
  • When uploading files you can only do one at a time, instead of being able to select multiple files & then click open. It just makes the process that much slower.
  • You have to use the program in your internet browser, rather than a downloadable program, so eventually it tends to slow things down for using so much memory.
  • You can't easily share your designs for others to purchase (though Jamberry says that this feature is coming soon. They also say a designer royalty program is coming soon which would be really awesome!).
  • An eyedropper color-matching tool would be really nice
All in all I think the Nail Art Studio is pretty good though it could use some improvement & it's fun to be able to create my own nail wrap designs. I also love the quality & durability of the Jamberry wraps & would definitely recommend them! Check it out {here}.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review Caitlin! I love the design you did! I may want to order it! My website is www.leannewu.jamberrynails.com if anyone wants to check out Jamberry
:-)