Monday, February 16, 2015

Fishing Adventure

Since moving to Idaho we've had a good number of crazy fish stories. Last week we had another one. I went to the park with the girls in the morning & as we were leaving I noticed a fish truck & some guys dumping netfuls of huge fish into the pond. I assumed they were just suckers, or some other useless fish, but I rolled down my window & asked the guys what kind of fish they were. The reply, "Rainbows." I called my husband on the way home & told him about the giant fish & that it seemed like a good day for fishing.

We came back after he got home from work. Sharon immediately caught a huge one & she was so excited! It was a giant 5 pound rainbow.

My husband ended up catching two big ones, one of which was at least 22 inches long. He also caught a normal sized trout, which looked pretty piddly next to these monsters. I caught the smallest of the big ones, and it was still over 3 pounds. In all, with 6 fish total, we weighed in about 16.5 pounds of fish!

 Savannah caught an albino rainbow trout & thought it was so cool that hers was orange and pink. It was a pretty neat looking fish. She didn't want to hold it for the picture, though she was touching them and poking the eyes while we processed the meat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys that is some pretty awesome fish. Papa caught one the other day but it was only 12 inches long. Way to go. Love to you all. nana