Thursday, May 21, 2009

A pregnancy update

I haven't really blogged much about being pregnant, as there hasn't really been much to report, other than the fact that I am. I have been either greatly blessed, or just extremely lucky, to not have had any morning sickness at all. I did throw up once a little bit in the kitchen sink when I was loading the dishwasher one day, but I'm pretty sure I would have puked anyways (pregnant or not) because a smell that horrible would make anyone throw up!

As far as strange cravings go, I don't think I've really had much of that either. Today when I was on a field trip with the class I work in I decided that I really wanted to dip my chicken strips in mustard instead of the ranch they came with, which was kind of weird because I'm not a huge mustard fan. I'll eat it on hamburgers and hotdogs, but not much else. I really enjoy eating Mexican food, especially our delicious homemade soft tacos, but I have always loved those.

I don't think I'm really showing yet. If you were to look at me you'd probably just think that I've been eating too many sweets, and not assume that I'm pregnant. I just kind of look a little chubby around the middle (you know how your tummy starts to pooch out over your jeans when you gain a little weight, yeah that's me).

I've been so grateful not to have been sick all the time, since that would hardly make getting to work any easier. I am really looking forward to school getting out, though, because I always seem to want to take a nap when I am supposed to be monitoring the kids on the bus. The desire to sleep just comes during the last few hours of work.
I think that's about it. I'll post a picture when there is actually something to show. I have an ultrasound next week, so if I get a picture from that I'll try to get it posted soon.

1 comment:

Christine and Nick said...

yay for not being sick! I was the same way and it made my life so much easier. And congrats on the house! That is way exciting! I definitely want to see belly pics once you start to show!