1/2 pound margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
5. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Yield: 4 dozen