Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Sharon Update

Right now Sharon is zonked out on her belly on a blanket on the floor, one sock on, one sock off, eyelids partway open but definitely not seeing anything, sucking her pacifier to death. Here, I had my camera really close by, so I decided to snap a quick picture of her.She's slept pretty well the last two days, mainly because she had her 6 month check up & shots yesterday, so she came down with a slight fever. 6 months...I can hardly believe it. Her entrance into the world was harldy easy, but these last few months have just flown by! Her check-up went well yesterday. She's up to 9 lbs 4 oz & is 22 inches long (I know, some of you are thinking, holy cow, my baby was bigger than that when they came out!). She is doing so well. She rolled over for the first time last week, though she hasn't done it since then. She loves to watch people. We were at Stake Conference this weekend, & I took her into the foyer to give her a bottle & once she was done she would have nothing to do with me holding her up on my shoulder, she wanted to sit on my lap and watch the other kids run around. She also loves to sit on my lap & watch the computer while I check email & scrapbook. I think she is getting close to being able to sit up on her own. For now, this is what we've resorted to:
She is such a little character, & it's even more fun now that she is smiling all the time. She really loves it when we figure out she has a messy diaper. You lay her on the changing table to get started & she is nothing but grins. We are so blessed to have her in our lives! I love my sweet Shari Jo!

5 comments:

Sunderhaus Family said...

She is quite the character, I see :)

Unknown said...

So cute!

Hazel said...

Love her smile. She is definitely growing fast. Thanks for the update. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

That is so great news. She looks so well and her smile is to die for. We love you Sharon and Caitlin and Ammon. MMOOMM W.

Anonymous said...

Just printed me a picture of your precious one, and said to Papa that she may be 6 months since birth, but really she is only about 2 1/2 months. So when you look at it that way her weight is right one. She is such a little jewel. Love to all Mom W.