Sunday, September 27, 2009

What a handful!

When we got to the hospital today, our favorite nurse told us that Sharon had pulled out her breathing tube this morning at 6 AM. I guess she just got tired of it again (since this is the second time she's pulled it out). They put a different breathing device on her that just goes over her nose & pushes oxygen mixed with regular air down her nose, and requires a lot more breathing on her part. She has to breathe in order for the oxygen to get all the way into her lungs. We think she looks like a very strange elephant, but she seemed a little happier to have more room in her mouth. She's lasted about 12 hours this way, rather than just the 6 hours that she lasted last time.
She's up to 2 lbs 6 oz now, but will probably have lost some when they weigh her again because of how hard she's having to work to get enough oxygen. She definitely looks a little chubbier & we love seeing her grow!
So, there's the update on our ornery little girl.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We so love to see the updates. Thanks. I know part of that orneryness comes from the Wilhelms. Don't know that the Wileys have to much of that. It is good to see her fighting that gives us a lot of hope for her. Keep Fighting little Sharon. We love you. Mom W

Tatum said...

I like her toes. Well I love everything about her! But I like her toes in this picture. Cuteness!

David Brock said...

This is the Brock's. Aha! You didn't think we wouldn't be keeping track of our friends did you? Precious Sharon is getting alot of Ahhhhhh's here and it is very encouraging to see her grow and fight. Your house is fine and will be waiting for all three of you to return. We love you all and are graciously thankful for God's wonderful mercies and grace. God bless the Wilhelms!

Hazel said...

She is a fighter that is good. I sure wouldn't want that terrible thing in my mouth all of the time.

Breanne said...

I'm glad she wants so much to breathe on her own.

You guys should get a king size hershey bar and hold it up to her to compare the size. (The thought that spurred my random comment, is that I was picturing her wrapped in a Golden Ticket—she has some shiny thing sticking out of the top of her diaper.)

Tina Wilhelm said...

Wow! I can't believe how much she is filling out!! What a blessing. She's a fighter for sure. I can attest to the oneryness coming from the Wilhelm's :) It's mostly a good thing, though. It's what's helping her fight so hard. Love you sweetie. Aunt Tina

Dustin and Laura Toone said...

Hi, You don't know me.. my name is Laura. I work with your husband's cousin, Charles Wilhelm. Charles gave me your blog address because I delivered my twin girls on Aug. 31st. They were 11 weeks early. Our little girls have a lot in common right now. :) I also discovered that you are LDS and so am I. You'll have to check out my blog too. www.dustinlauratoone.blogspot.com