Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I've been making stuff

Sharon's room has been sadly blank for awhile. Actually, it kind of had boxes of clothes, laundry baskets & items without a home scattered throughout it. Last week I finally got it organized & clean so that she can actually play in there without getting into anything she shouldn't. This week I decided I should probably do something to decorate it. Things like decorating the "nursery" tend to get left in the dust when you have a baby 3 months earlier than expected. Go figure.
So, I've been making stuff. Here's a peek at what I've been doing:

{1} For some cheap & easy "art" above her crib I bought art canvas & just covered them with some fun fabric. I just stretched the fabric around & used a staple gun to attach it. Super easy, & fairly lightweight for hanging above her bed.

{2} I've been wanting to display Sharon's first footprints in a frame for awhile, & I finally did it this morning. I scanned in the prints from the card that they did at the hospital, made sure they were the same size as the actual ones, & printed them out on some white cardstock. Then I just cut scrapbook paper to fit my frame & put it all together. Just so you get an idea of how small those feet are, the prints measure 1 7/8 inches from the heel to the longest toe.

{3} & {4} I made some quick & easy bunting to hang in Sharon's room. I used coordinating scrapbook paper & pages from an old dictionary that I picked up at the thrift store for 50 cents. I used white seam binding and my sewing machine to assemble them. I also made two other strands of bunting using pink papers to decorate for Valentine's Day. They are hanging in the dining & living room.

So, that's a little bit of what I've been up to lately. They are all super easy crafts that can be done in under an hour for sure!

No comments: