Monday, January 3, 2011

What I've been up to

We had a wonderful visit down with my family for Christmas. We enjoyed some wonderful homemade Indian cuisine for our Christmas Eve dinner, played too many games to count & only made my little sister cry a couple of times. It was wonderful to be with the family for such a long visit!
While we were there, my mom wanted to do our family pictures as this was the last time we would all be able to be together for at least a year. Mom wanted to go a park in town where we've taken family pictures in years past & recreate a picture on this old tractor that we did about 10 years ago. I would post the picture to show the time lapse, but I lost it when my external harddrive crashed. I'll have to ask my mom to email me a copy of it so I can post it here on the blog. Anyway, on to the pictures.
If you know my family at all, you probaly know that we are quite the group of goofballs. With so many people trying to be funny all at the same time, it tends to get a little rowdy, & I would definitely have felt bad if we'd hired a professional photographer to do these shots, because they probably would have been pulling their hair out after the first pose. Thankfully, we were able to get some shots with everyone smiling (somewhat) and looking pretty good.
After taking the picture like the one from ten years ago, we added in the spouses & our daughter.

Then we got one with everyone in more comfortable positions. We also took individual pictures, but were only able to get half of the siblings done before my sister came up & told us that three of our vehicles had been broken into, including our car. The thief snatched purses, my diaper bag & a camera bag. We were pretty quick to get any debit/credit cards cancelled & I had to suspend my phone service, so there was only minimal loss.  
So, my 2010 ended with this lovely picture of our car window smashed. I hope your old year ended a little better. We're definitely looking forward to a new year!

No comments: