Thursday, July 16, 2009

Corn Waffles Recipe

I got this recipe from the Taste of Home magazine, and it is so good! I did pour a bit more than just 1/4 cup into each waffle spot on the iron because the first two were not very big. Instead of using syrup, I heated up a can of cream of chicken soup with a little milk added and we served that on top. It was very tasty. The recipe also suggests applesauce and honey, though we didn't try it that way. It was a very filling meal. I froze the leftovers in a bag, and am planning on just popping them in the toaster tomorrow to heat them up for lunch. Enjoy!

2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups milk
1 can (8-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
1/2 cup vegetable oil

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, corn, eggs and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into a preheated waffle iron; bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
Yield: 16 waffles.

2 comments:

Tatum said...

Congrats on having a girl! Since you are so crafty maybe you could post the cute things you make for the baby! I am excited to see what kind of stuff you are going to make because we all know you will! You are so talented!!!!

Valerie said...

This intrigues me. I haven't heard of them before, but now I would like to try it.